On Friday, August 14, 2015, Jennifer Jolly from the UNSW School of Education met with the WCGTC Executive Committee at the conclusion of the 21st Biennial World Conference in Odense, Denmark. During this meeting, Jennifer and WCGTC President Leslie Graves signed the agreement for hosting the 22nd Biennial World Conference in Sydney, Australia.
In conjunction with the WCGTC EC, the LCC has decided upon the following strands for the conference:
- Giftedness and Talent: Models, Research, and Practice
- Creativity: Research and Practice
- Identification: Models, Instruments, and Approaches
- Social and Emotional Needs
- Twice-Exceptional Learners
- Guidance and Counselling
- Diversity in Giftedness
- Parenting or Care Giving
- Schooling Alternatives for the Gifted and Talented
- Advocacy: National, State, Regional, and Local
- Leadership Development
- Programming, Curriculum, and Pedagogy
- Educational Technology
The EC and LCC believe these strands encompass many different topics and go well with the Global Perspectives in Gifted Education theme. Both the EC and LCC are excited to work together to organize the conference.
We have also included some preliminary information about registration at https://worldgifted2017.com/registration/ and important dates at https://worldgifted2017.com/about/important-dates/. Please email email@example.com with any questions you may have.